Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Kioxia Introduces New PCIe🄬 5.0 SSDs for Enterprise and Data Center Infrastructures
New KIOXIA CD8P Series Data Center NVMe™ Drives Optimized for Performance, Latency and Quality of Service in E3.S and 2.5-inch (U.2) Form Factors
- August 8, 2023
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – Kioxia Corporation, a world leader in memory solutions, today announced the addition of the KIOXIA CD8P Series to its lineup of data center-class solid state drives (SSDs). The KIOXIA CD8P Series is well-suited to general purpose server and cloud environments that can take advantage of PCIe® 5.0 (32GT/s x4) performance. These data center applications can generate complex mixed workloads spread across large scale virtualized systems in 24x7 operational data centers. The new drives are available in capacities up to 30.72 terabytes (TB) (1) and in both Enterprise and Datacenter Standard Form Factor (EDSFF) E3.S and 2.5-inch (U.2) form factors.
Optimized for the performance, latency, reduced power and thermal requirements of data center environments where power and cooling efficiency is critical, the KIOXIA CD8P Series provides the predictability and consistency needed for a seamless user experience.
The KIOXIA CD8P Series realizes approximately 60% to 80% increase in sequential read performance when compared to previous generation PCIe 4.0 SSDs, including:
- Random read(2) performance up to 2,000K IOPS(3) and random write(2) performance up to 400K IOPS
- Low and consistent 99.999th percentile latency of under 250us in standard random read workloads(4), and under 1.8ms in standard OLTP-style mixed workloads(5)
- Single-port design, optimized for data center class workloads
The new data center drives are based on the KIOXIA BiCS FLASH™ generation 5, 3D flash memory triple-level cell (TLC) technology, and utilize an in-house developed controller. KIOXIA CD8P Series SSDs are compliant with PCIe 5.0 and NVMe™ 2.0 specifications as well as the NVM Express™ Management Interface (NVMe-MI™) v1.1d, and support Open Compute Project (OCP) Datacenter NVMe SSD specifications (not all requirements).
Additional features and benefits include:
- Full data reliability with end-to-end data protection, power loss protection and flash die failure recovery
- Security options: Non-SED, SIE and SED (TCG Opal and Ruby SSCs)(6)
KIOXIA CD8P Series drives are now sampling to select customers.
- E3.S form factor products will be available in capacities from 1.6TB to 15.36TB.
2.5-inch form factor products will be available in capacities from 1.6TB to 30.72TB.
- Condition: 4KiB block size, 4KiB aligned, 100% random
- IOPS: Input Output Per Second (or the number of I/O operations per second).
- Condition: 4KiB block size, 4KiB aligned, QD = 32, 100% random, 100% read for 3,200 GB to 7,680 GB capacity
- Condition: 4KiB block size, 4KiB aligned, QD = 32, 100% random, 70% read for 3,200 GB capacity and larger
- Availability of security/encryption options may vary by region.
- Definition of capacity: Kioxia Corporation defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1 GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1 TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
- SIE: Sanitize Instant Erase optional model supports Crypto Erase, which is a standardized feature defined by the technical committees (T10) of INCITS (the InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards)
- SED: Self-Encrypting Drive optional model supports TCG Opal and Ruby SSCs. Some features of TCG Opal SSC are not supported.
- PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG.
- NVMe, NVM Express and NVMe-MI are registered or unregistered marks of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of third-party companies.
Kioxia is a world leader in memory solutions, dedicated to the development, production and sale of flash memory and solid-state drives (SSDs). In April 2017, its predecessor Toshiba Memory was spun off from Toshiba Corporation, the company that invented NAND flash memory in 1987. Kioxia is committed to uplifting the world with “memory” by offering products, services and systems that create choice for customers and memory-based value for society. Kioxia's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
Global Sales Offices
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.